23 September 2011

A couple of Halloween cards

I stumbled across a website the other day that really grabbed my attention.  It is called 'Funky cards' (which is the first reason I was attracted to it!).  It is run by a girl in her teens and she encourages her followers to make cards for children and families who are going through a tough time with their health.  Each month she chooses a different family or hospital to support.  You can learn more about her card project 'I feel the love' here.
Anyway, this month she was asking for support for children at the Pediatric Specialty Care and asked if we could make some fun, child-friendly Halloween cards so that she could deliver some cheer to these children and their families.  Living in Australia, we don't really celebrate Halloween, well, in my household we don't anyway, so this was a little bit of a challenge as I had no Halloween papers or embellishments in my stash of scrapping supplies.  However, with a bit of a search through my cricut cartridges, I came up with these two cards which I hope will cheer up a couple of children at Halloween time.


So far Madison has received over 160 cards from her followers which is a fantastic effort!  Here's hoping she gets to 200 cards real soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog Carla!!! I love it and I am so happy to see that you are now a part of the blogging world:) I think you are so talented. I can't wait to see all you projects! I am happy to say that I am officially your 2nd follower.
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete