8 October 2011

If friends were flowers...

I love the saying, "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you".  It was the perfect sentiment for the card I made this morning.  This card is for my very good friend who loves the colour purple and also collects little pig ornaments (now you know why there's a pig on the front!)
I have wanted to try a fan-fold flower for a very long time and have looked at them for sale in the shops but refused to buy them as I thought that surely I could make them myself!  After heading straight to google for instructions and then getting pretty frustrated when my flowers wouldn't turn out anything like the ones in the pictures, I came across this tutorial....and I had success! I tell you, they're not as easy to make as you would think!  My biggest mistake was using double sided tape to hold it together instead of a very strong glue.  The tape isn't quite strong enough to keep the flower together, it kept springing back out.  Lesson learned.
So here you go, my first card with fan-fold flowers...most likely the first of many cards to be adorned with them now that I know how to make them!

In case you're wondering why the pig's nose looks a little wet, it has dimensional magic on it which hasn't dried yet!
The pig is from Create a Critter.
Papers and letter stickers are from kaisercraft
Ribbons, lace and buttons are all from my stash
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. REally cute card, Carla. I LOVE your flowers and I will have to make me some. Great use of paper too, love your colors! come by for a visit and follow!
    Cindy Porter

    ReplyDelete