14 November 2011

Clown Birthday Card

This card has been the cause of much frustration and disappointment!  It could have something to do with me taking three attempts just to make the base of the card and then nothing seemed to work from then on!  The first attempt made it into the bin after some crooked cutting made the card look ridiculous!  The second attempt quickly followed into the bin after some incorrect measurements (my fault, not the instructions) caused the 'flip flop' part to flop way out the side (again, making it look ridiculous!).  My third attempt at making the base was successful but I just am not happy with it.  I think it's because I did it on black cardstock and I should have used pink or yellow.  Something about the card just really annoys me!  It has had two different lots of ribbon attached and pulled off and then in the end I just thought, well, this is it, it's not going to get any better!

I love the style of the card, just not so happy with how it all came together.  The colours on these photos are not as vivid as in real life, the cardstock behind the clown is actually bright turquoise but it looks blue in this photo.  The pinks and aquas look a bit washed out in these pictures too.  Anyway, here it is, in all its not-so-perfect glory!

Here is how the card looks from the front (excuse my finger in the photo!):

And this is how it flips as you open the card:


Once it is open, the centre piece flips to reveal the other side, where you can have your sentiment and write your birthday message.


The instructions for this flip-flop card came from here.  I think I need to go and make another one in a different colour to see how that works!

I am entering this card in the Peachy Keen sketch challenge.  I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to make it work for this card.  Here is the sketch:








The clown on the card is from Paper Doll Dress ups (cut at 2.5 inches).
The sentiments are from Kaisercraft.
Papers are from My Minds Eye

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Way to rock that sketch, and I love that adorable clown face! Thanks for playing along with us at the Peachy Keen Challenge!

    ReplyDelete