5 February 2012

New House

This card is for a lovely friend who has just moved house over 2 hours away.  The card was inspired by one that I saw by Sheree Forcier in Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine, vol.17 no.4.

Lots of stitching in this one!  You may notice that there is some zigzag stitching - my machine and I have worked things out!  It seems we were having tension issues - both the machine and myself!!  Once I consulted the manual again I realised what I had done wrong, made some adjustments and off she went.  The stitching on the green hill was so crooked that I shifted the house to be off centre to cover it up!  I really need lessons on how to sew around edges that are not straight.  Anyone got any tips?  But for now, I shall stick to straight lines.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment