29 November 2012

A couple more Christmas cards...



Another couple of super-quick and easy Christmas cards.  I am sticking with basic, flat designs for my Christmas cards this year, just making it easy to post.

For the first card I cut out a star on my cricut machine (I think I used Birthday bash cartridge).  I used the star on a separate card.  I used the negative space for this card.  First I flipped it over and laid it on top of my card base, so that I could align my stamps and make sure they were in the right spot.  Then I stamped the two Amy R sentiments, then attached the paper with pop dots.  I think it's ridiculously simple but effective - just how I like it when I'm on the verge of December and haven't started my Christmas cards yet!  This would be a good one to mass produce, especially when I could also make cards with the stars that I cut out.

The second card is also very simple.  I cut out Santa from the Paper Doll Dress ups cartridge and attached him to the Kaiser patterned paper.  This paper was perfect as I felt I didn't need to do any other embellishing at all!  I stamped a 'Ho ho ho' sentiment (another Amy R stamp set) and glued a pom pom to his head and I was done.  Too easy!

I am entering my star card into a couple of challenges:
Scrap Creations - This weeks challenge is "Merry Christmas"! We want to see what you are creating for the holidays.
The Paper Girls Challenge - our challenge this time is for you to create something Christmas or winter themed!

I've never played along with these two challenges before, so I'm looking forward to browsing all the entries and getting some more Christmas card inspiration!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Really cute cards, I like the idea of making simple cards. Thanks for the inspiration. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! The winking Santa just puts a smile on my face. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And I LOVE your new blog header. I needs to get me some creativitiness and make mine all spiffy-like too!

    ReplyDelete